Israeli settlers burn Palestinian homes and cars in several villages after two settlers are shot dead.
Israeli settlers have attacked Palestinian villages in the northern occupied West Bank, after two settlers were shot dead by a Palestinian gunman.
Settlers rampage in West Bank villages after Israelis killed: One Palestinian man was killed and more than 100 others were injured in the overnight violence near Nablus, the Palestinian health ministry said.
Related article: Aston Martin unveils Fernando Alonso’s new F1 car for 2023
Related article: 6 Best Laptops For Adobe Creative Cloud 
Dozens of cars and houses were also burnt, according to a local official.
It followed the killings of the two Israelis – brothers from a nearby settlement – along a highway.
The Israeli military said it was continuing to search for the Palestinian who shot Hillel Yaniv, 22, and Yagel Yaniv, 20, and that it had moved in hundreds of extra troops.
Earlier on Sunday, Israeli and Palestinian officials had pledged to de-escalate tensions at a summit in Jordan.
Settlers rampage in West Bank villages after Israelis killed: Videos posted hours after the summit ended showed a large crowd of Israeli settlers entering the village of Hawara, about 4 miles (6km) south of Nablus, lighting fires and throwing stones.
Related article: Thai cave rescue: Duangpetch Promthep, Wild Boars captain, dies in UK
Related article: [Galaxy Unpacked 2023] The Epic Rundown of Galaxy Innovations – Samsung Global Newsroom
Ten-year-old Lamar Abusarees said her house was one of those set alight.
“My mother moved us to a corner because there was no safe place. They broke all the windows while we were inside,” she told Reuters news agency.
Settlers rampage in West Bank villages after Israelis killed: A Palestinian official who monitors settlements in the Nablus region, Ghassan Daghlas, told Palestinian Wafa news agency that 30 houses were damaged by stones or burned down in Hawara, and that 15 vehicles were torched.
Settlers also set a barn and three vehicles on fire in nearby Burin, as well as a house and a water tank in Asira al-Qabaliyya, he said.
The Palestinian health ministry said 37-year-old Sameh Aqtash died after being shot in the stomach during an attack by settlers in Zaatara.
Related article: Indeed Assessments Test Answers 2022 – How to Take Indeed Assessments 2022
Related article: Ukraine war: The real reason for China’s charm offensive over Ukraine and Russia
Mr Aqtash’s brother, Abdul Moneim, said they had been standing outside a blacksmith’s when they were attacked by settlers.
“They left the area and then came back with the occupation [Israeli] army,” he told AFP news agency. “The army shot my brother, not the settlers.”
However, the Israeli military said Aqtash was not shot by an Israeli soldier.
Settlers rampage in West Bank villages after Israelis killed: This part of the West Bank falls under full Israeli control, and Palestinians criticised Israeli security forces for failing to protect them.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he held the Israeli government fully responsible for what he called “the terrorist acts carried out by Israeli settlers, under the protection of the Israeli occupation forces”.
Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, appealed for calm and urged settlers to allow the Israeli military and security forces to focus on finding the gunman who killed the two Israelis.
Related article: Haas save $250,000 with slimmed-down pitwall
Related article: WBC games in Japan OK’d for loud cheering, but masks still needed
“I ask that when blood is boiling and the spirit is hot, don’t take the law into your hands,” he said in a video statement.