MSI is known for its well-made gaming laptops. Along with all the flashy features, you’d expect from a gaming laptop, they also have great keyboards. Let’s see how to change MSI keyboard color.
Some high-end laptops provide RGB or regional key backlighting as well.
You have the flexibility to personalize the backlighting of each individual key according to your preferences. However, if you happen to possess a laptop from a different brand, it’s highly recommended that you refer to this comprehensive guide on illuminating the keyboard for various laptop models.
The objective of this article is to elucidate the process of altering the color settings of MSI keyboards.
What is the best way to change the color of the MSI keyboard?
Just look for the software in the start menu. It usually bears the name of the company that developed the keyboard.
I will use Steelseries Engine 3 for light control since most MSI keyboards are made by Steelseries.
- The first step is to open the Start menu and search for Steelseries Engine 3.
- The second step is to select the MSI Per-Key RGB Keyboard option.
- Subsequently, select the “Config” button located in the lower-left corner of the screen. Here, you’ll encounter the default settings for your keyboard and lighting.
- The configuration window will materialize on the left-hand side. Should you desire, you can opt for one of the pre-existing default configurations and proceed accordingly.
- Now, let’s delve deeper and forge a custom configuration. Initiate this process by clicking the “New” button situated at the lower section.
- Additionally, you have the choice to specify the applications for which this configuration should be applicable.
Click Save once you have entered a name for the configuration.
- You can now begin changing the keyboard lighting.
- Each field or button can be selected individually.
- The ability to select several fields or buttons at once is known as group selection.
- The magic wand selects all areas or buttons that have the same effect.
- Apply an effect to an area or button with a brush.
- The color cube effect can be applied to any button or key area.
- An eraser removes the effect of a key or area.
- Select an effect for the selected area or button using the effect selector.
- Beneath the tools, you’ll come across the color picker and a dropdown menu. The dropdown menu dictates the range of effects at your disposal, and the color picker enables you to select the color for your chosen effect.
- The following are the effect types:
- The selected key/area is colored permanently.
- Shifts various colors to selected keys/areas.
Related article: Best Managed Virtual Private Server, VPS Hosting Plan Guide
- You can assign up to four colors to the selected areas/buttons.
- Assigns an active and inactive color to the key, which changes when the key is pressed and released.
- A cooling timer switches the keys from “Standby” to “Cooling” after a preset signal.
- Backlight disabled: Disables the RGB of the button or zone.
- Leveraging these tools and effects empowers you to tailor your keyboard to your exact preferences.
- Once you’ve completed your customization, locate the “Save” button in the lower-left corner and click on it.